DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The management board/ governing body of Cohidrex, s.l. (hereinafter referred to as the “data controller”), assumes full responsibility for and provides its full commitment to drafting, implementing and maintaining this Data Protection Policy, ensuring continuous improvement on the part of the data controller with a view to achieving excellence in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (OJEU L 119/1, 04-05-2016) and with Spanish legislation on the protection of personal data (Spanish Organic Law, specific sector legislation and the implementing regulations).
The Cohidrex, s.l. Data Protection Policy is based on the principle of proactive responsibility, according to which the data controller is responsible for ensuring compliance with the regulatory framework and the established precedent that governs the Policy, and is able to prove this before the competent supervisory authorities. To that effect, the data controller is governed by the following principles that should serve as a guide and frame of reference for all of its employees, with regard to the protection of personal data:
- Data protection by design: when determining the means of processing as well as while the processing itself, the data controller shall apply appropriate technical and organisational measures, such as pseudonymisation, designed to effectively implement the principles of data protection, such as processing the minimum amount of data required, and incorporating the necessary guarantees into the processing.
- Data protection by default: the data controller shall apply appropriate technical and organisational measures with a view to ensuring that, by default, only the personal data which is necessary for each specific purpose of processing is processed.
- Data protection in the data life cycle: measures to ensure that personal data is protected shall be applied during the complete life cycle of the data.
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency: the personal data shall be processed in a lawful, fair and transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
- Purpose limitation: the personal data shall be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes only, and shall not be subsequently processed in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Data minimisation: the personal data must be adequate, relevant and restricted to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
- Accuracy: the personal data must be accurate and updated where necessary; all reasonable steps must be taken to ensure that personal data which is inaccurate with regard to the purposes for which it is processed is rectified or erased without any delay.
- Storage limitation: the personal data must not be stored in any way that allows the data subject to be identified for any longer than is necessary for the purposes of the personal data processing.
- Integrity and confidentiality: the personal data must be processed in such a way that ensures adequate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, loss, destruction and accidental damage, by applying appropriate technical and organisational measures.
- Information and training: one of the keys to ensuring the protection of personal data is providing training and information to the employees involved in processing the data. During the life cycle of the data, all employees with access to the data must be properly trained on and informed about their obligations in terms of compliance with the regulation on personal data protection.
The Cohidrex, s.l. Data Protection Policy is distributed to all the employees under the authority of the data controller and is made available to all interested parties.
Consequently, this Data Protection Policy involves all the employees under the authority of the data controller, who are required to be familiar with the policy and take ownership of it; every single one of them is responsible for applying and verifying data protection regulations in the course of their work, as well as identifying and creating appropriate opportunities for improvement with a view to achieving excellence in compliance.
This Policy will be reviewed by the management board/governing body of Cohidrex, s.l. as often as necessary to ensure compliance with the provisions in force on the protection of personal data.
Information in compliance with the regulation on personal data protection
What are cookies and why do we use them?
Cookies are very small text files that are stored by your browser each time you visit our website.
Cookies are useful because they remember your activity on our website, so when you visit again, they can identify you and adjust the content based on your browsing habits, identity and preferences.
Cookies are harmless. They do not contain any malicious code (such as viruses, Trojans or worms) that could damage your device (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), but they are relevant when it comes to protecting your data, since they collect certain personal information (such as your browsing habits, identity and preferences).
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually collect special categories of personal data (sensitive data). The data stored includes technical information, personal preferences, personalised content, etc.
What are the different types of cookies?
There are mainly five types of cookies:
- Functional cookies: This is the most basic type of cookie. It allows users to browse through a website, platform or application, and use the different options or services provided therein, such as monitoring data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing areas with restricted access, remembering the items of a purchase, completing the purchasing process, performing a request to register or take part in an event, applying security during navigation, storing content to distribute videos or sound files, and sharing content via social networks.
- Customisation cookies: This type of cookies allows users to access the services with some general predefined settings on the user’s device, such as the language, the type of browser used and the location from where they are accessing the service.
- Analytical cookies: These allow user behaviour to be tracked and analysed across all the websites they are linked to. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure activity on the websites, applications and platforms, and to create browsing profiles of the users of these websites so that improvements can be made based on the analysis of how these users use the services.
- Advertising cookies: These allow for the most efficient management of any advertising space included on the website, application or platform from which the requested service is rendered, based on criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which the adverts are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These allow for the most efficient management of any advertising space included on the website, application or platform from which the requested service is rendered. These cookies store information about the user's activity, obtained by continuously monitoring their browsing habits, allowing the data controller to create user-specific profiles and show them advertisements that match their interests.
What are the first-party and third-party cookies?
- First-party cookies: These are generated and managed by the party responsible for providing the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: These are generated by entities other than our own (external services or suppliers, such as Google).
What kind of cookies does our website use?
|Functional/ Expires with the session
|This cookie is a session identifier provided by the server to anonymously identify the user; it is essential for the proper functioning of the website
|Functional/ Expires 15 days after the last visit
Below is a table listing the types of cookies we use on our website along with their respective purposes:
Cookies can be accepted, blocked or deleted, as desired. You can do this by adjusting your browser settings. You can prevent the installation of cookies by blocking them on your device at any time through the browser settings, however, if you choose to do so, we will not be able to guarantee the various features of our website will function correctly.
To find out how to manage or block cookies, please refer to the relevant user guide for your browser:
You can also delete cookies that have been saved in your browser through your browser settings.